It's fuck the law because I really don't respect it,
Consistency. For Domo this one word has helped define his career, because throughout it all few artists have shown the consistency that he has. His ability to drop project after project shows his consistency to feed his ever growing audience which is one of the reasons why his fanbase keeps growing. In this social media age it's Domo's consistency that is also giving him a leg up on the competition having delivered on visuals at a pace that is almost unmatched in both quality and consistency. Lastly it's his consistency to his sound that has helped in cut through the noise and survive the waves of Lil Baby's, Da Baby's, and any other variations of baby in between. Domo has proved that staying true to yourself as an artist and having consistency can get to the being the one next up. Let's get consistent with Domo.
1) Who is Domo? Long story short. I’m from Muskogee but I grew up in Tulsa,Ok. I started to play around with music when I was 14. I probably started taking it serious around 16. It’s crazy because I didn’t have a rap name or anything. Me and my cousin Cooluh was brainstorming one night in the studio and he came up with “Domo”. At first I was like hell nah! Haha but it slowly started to catch on and then soon everybody was calling me “Domo”. It’s been a long journey since then. I’m somebody that likes to be in the mix but also in the cut.. Probably rolling something up.. Or sippin on something.. Maybe both.. Who knows!? I love my city tho man. I really love how it’s starting to blossom with so much untapped talent and energy. It’s only a matter of time. It’ll happen soon.
2) What's been the hardest part about building your musical career? Everything... Its a process. Staying organized and prepared really helps. Also a solid team and foundation. There has to be more than one key play maker on your team for sure. Everybody has a part to play. Things can get ugly sometimes but you gotta roll with the punches! it’s beauty in the struggle tho.
3) Last year you released a 4 track EP called "At Midnight". What did you want listeners to get from that project? “At Midnight” was definitely something for me. I usually drop full projects with 10 - 14 tracks so I wanted do something short and hard this time around. I’ve never did anything like that until now so It was a learning experience in itself. I definitely will be dropping another one soon.
4) What's one line on the project "At Midnight" that you think goes over people's heads? “Put My Foot Inside Ya Neck!” because I’m really about to turn up and put my foot down. In the words of Trinidad James “ Don’t Believe Me Just Watch”.
5) What's next for Domo in 2020? Collaborations! I don’t do too many Collabs but It’s still a handful of artists I wanna reach out to and work with. I’m also sitting on 5 projects. I’m just getting the sounds and sonics right before I start to release them all. I got 1 of them dropping in a month or so...
Thanks to Domo for taking time out of his busy day. Make sure to follow him on his social media below:
Sometimes speaking something into fruition is all you need for it to actually happen. Not to say that you don't have to also put in the work. But that's what doesn't get televised anyway. AveryDamnDay and Domo are two artists that speaking their future into fruition. So it would only be right that their new single be called "Im Up Next".