"I know I really love you,
Throughout history the royal throne has been occupied by kings and also by queens. And as history has proven that some of the most successful rulers were queens who helped make empires that have been studied and marveled at to this day. It's something about a queen that you gotta respect. Queens move with a power and a grace that commands the attention of any room. But don't take their femininity for weakness. Some of the most ruthless rulers were queens who at a moments notice would slit a man's throat without blinking. And we not even going to talk about their ability to take a man's heart out of his chest and laugh as it beats slowly in her palms. Right now is the right time to go for the crown as a new challenger named Bambi is looking to show that she has what it takes to reign over the game and take her rightful seat at the throne.
1. What do you think is the biggest hurdle for a female rapper? For one I think the whole separation of female is obviously a hurdle. I just said the other day in a joking way that I'm just a male rapper with titties. So let's not put gender in there, ha. Anyways. The biggest hurdle for a female rapper is being heard and being taken serious in general. Especially if your not talking about sex, but even if you're talking about sex it's what they look for. If you're talking about anything other than sex then it's like "Ohh she tryna be smart". It's a catch 22. Your tryna be thi,s and I'm tryna be that, and if it's sexual. Then ahh yea, I'm waiting on that next time you gonna tell me about suckin' some dick or somethin'. Don't nobody care unless you suckin' or ridin' or something. So I think a hurdle is being taken serious with your material, whatever it is.
2. What separates you from other artists? Personally, I'm very versatile. I know I'm technically a baby in the game because I don't have enough out on platforms to listen to. But when I get there you will see that I am a rapper, I an R&B artists, I can do contemporary or whatever. I can hop on a lot of beats no matter how different they sound, as long as I like the beat, I can do it. Then you just never know what's gonna come out of my my mouth. Half the time I don't so, there's that.
3. Your song Fuck I look like what did you want listeners to get from that track? Fuck I Look Like was a self-love thing. I was writing it because I had been through some things. Like I knew I was wasting time, and it's a thin line between wasting time and being patient in a lot of cases, and I had dealt with some things that really didn't convey that I loved myself. Or that I loved myself enough to know that that should've been rejected automatically. When your self-love is high enough, a lot of things get rejected, you don't even have to worry about things getting that far. But of course when you're in love and it's long term, you start dealing with stuff and your really lose sight of what is being patient and what's wasting time. So you end up dealing with a whole bunch of stuff.
Basically with Fuck I Look Like I want people to remember like anything that you feel like your not being loved, anything that feels like disrespect, anything where it feels like you can't communicate with that person is settling. AND WE ARE NOT SETTLING! Pretty much that's the whole hook. "Lovin somebody who don't love me, let you talk anyway you wantin', not letting you know what it is." That's it! Anything that makes you feel like you are being less than loved you need to bounce.
4. What’s a line from the track that you think goes over people’s heads? I don't think anything is so complex in that song that it should go over people's heads. I think the line that hit's me the hardest when I listen back is when I said, "I know I really love you, but you might just be lonely, I can't be sexting you, if you don't even know you want me". That was kind of like something to think about.
5. What’s next for Bambi in 2020? Long as we ain't quarantined all year I'm making my way to genres that will show my versatility. And ratchet music. LOL!
Thanks to Bambi for taking time out of her busy day. Make sure to follow her on her social media below: