ITS A REASON IM HERE,
Oasis. Many men travel thousands of miles searching for their peace, their land, their oasis. For Dialtone the journey has led him across the map traveling from state-to-state and from city-to-city. What he found out is that his oasis was closer than he thought. It was right here in Tulsa. Anyone whose heard the album knows that his album Oasis was an ode to the city. The musicality of the album reflected the new Tulsa sound that has traveled around the world and back. This in turn will help him do the same. Let's get to know Dialtone, the artist who found his oasis.
1. How does it feel to win Indy Pot's album of the year? Man it felt good but I wasn’t really surprised, we worked hard on this album. I gotta give credit to Papa and Jimmie honestly though.
2. What inspired Oasis? Oasis was simply inspired by the growth of Tulsa hip hop.
3. What can people expect from your VSXOASIS show on Feb 29th? People can expect art and music colliding. Also they can expect to see what makes WCM the best.
4. Your amazing artists both in art and in music. How do you decide which one gets your attention? I honestly don’t think about it, I just go with how I feel at the time. Sometimes I’m not inspired[.] To make music and art is like an amusement park for me. I can really do anything I want.
5. What can we expect from Dialtone in 2020? Dialtone in 2020 is going into rare form. I’ve let go of all the self doubt and people’s opinions on my art. Really want to test my abilities.
Thanks to Dialtone for taking time out of his busy day. Make sure to follow him on his social media below:
YouTube: Tones Beach