Have you ever made love in a penthouse (No)/
The female spitta. Possibly the hardest paths to take. You are judged by your image first, while your music is judged through a filtered len. The struggle of the female spitta is not driven by competition. Competition would mean that there would be a first, second, and third place winner. The female spitta is a ONE person race. There are no other winners, there are no other competitors. Just ONE that stands out each year, and this position is so delicate that any small mistake or slip up can mean the end of a career. This has changed with the introduction of streaming. Now the gatekeepers don't get to decide which ONE female spitta. Consumers can create a playlist of all the female spittas they like. Micki Ronnae is one of these femal spittas that is looking to take her high energy and her rap skills onto the playlists of listeners around the world.
1) Who is Micki Ronnae? A dysfunctional child of God who loves making songs. lol
2) How would you describe your music? I would describe my music as fun and comedic with a gem here and there if choose to listen hard enough. My music is a direct reflection of my personality.
3) Penthouse was a huge single for you. How did it come about? I write about 5 songs a day. I just go through Youtube pick instrumentals and see what I can do with them. That process has really worked out for me and made it to where I'm never short on inspiration. I came across this beat, it was pretty sick and I was feeling really vibey so I just started rapping to it. I let my lil bro listen to it because he is my biggest hater and he basically was like forget all of my other songs I need to drop this record. I played it for my younger cousin and he automatically started moving his shoulders, dancing and singing the chorus after listening to it one time. I rode downtown during the weekends and played the record really loud just to see people's reactions and they would literally stop what they are doing and start dancing. That's when I knew I had something. That's when I knew I had to drop “Penthouse”.
4) What's one line in Penthouse that you think goes over people's heads? I would hope none of them. Lol, because I was really focused on making a song that makes people want to dance and have a good time. So I ain't even going to lie I wasn't too focused on the lyrics, I wanted people to feel the energy but people might have to rewind that Clark clint line at 00:54 and Lil Wrecc's verse was full of quotable of lines.
5) What can people expect from Micki Ronnae in 2020? More. more and more. I have a vault with over 300 songs at this point so I'm looking to be more consistent with my releases. I did over 50 features in 2019 with artists all over the globe and I'm going to do even more in 2020. I'm going to drop some crazy music videos this year with dope story lines. I'm currently looking for a team to help me bring that together. I plan on doing more shows and I've been playing the singles game for a little while now, so I'm thinking it is time for an EP.
Thanks to Micki Ronnae for taking time out of her busy day. Make sure to follow her social media below:
YouTube: Micki Ronnae